The active interests in our Vit. C Serum 20 are MATRIXYL® synthe’6 + Vitamin C 20% + Vitamin A + Vitamin E.
Ingredient List: Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysilicone 15, C24-28 Alkyl Dimethicone, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Natural essential oils, Benzylalcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Glycerin (and) Water [Aqua] (and) Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin (and) Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38.
Texture & Efficacy
1. The synergy of the formula generates Immediate Effects. Imagine using some of this serum with its soft-silk touch on your face and neck and seeing immediate results! It diminishes the appearance of fine lines and skin imperfections and improves tone and texture, giving your face and neck a slimmer, firmer look. And, if that weren’t great enough, our formulation of Micro Encapsulation of 20% Vitamin C to SR technology (slow release technology), allowing Vitamin C, C and E to deliver long-lasting benefits, as well. This unique Vitamin A, C and E formula together with MATRIXYL® synthe’6 is a powerful antioxidant and moisturizer and anti-wrinkle remedy, helping your skin to look smoother and younger.
2. Our “micro-encapsulation” technology preserves and enhances the stability of Vitamin C, in which Vitamin C is micro-encapsulated in liposomes. A liposome is a tiny bubble (vesicle), made out of the same material as a cell membrane. In our formula, Vitamin C is microencapsulated in a liposome with Vitamin A and Vitamin E. Retinyl Palmitate and Tocopheryl Acetate help to scavenge free radi¬cals responsible for lipid peroxidation. Ascorbyl Palmitate at a rate of 20% works by helping to regenerate the Tocopherol, Vitamin E. All three vitamins are provided in the more stable ester form. In the skin the esterases present will hydrolyze the esters down to the active vitamins which will then play their protective role in the lipid membranes found in the epidermis. Our Micro-encapsulation Technology in Liposomes extends the stability of Vitamin C up to 18 to 24 months.
3. Vitamin C when applied topically to the skin can reduce both photo aging and chronological aging. Vitamin C is a major line of defence against reduced Collagen production and therefore is critical in the treatment of aging. As we age and Collagen levels are reduced, there is also a gradual reduction of Hyaluronic acid, the product needed for moisture retention. Vitamin C is also a Tyrosinase inhibitor, the enzyme that triggers the production of Melanin. The use of Vitamin C serum in your daily skin care regime and particularly when combined with gentle glycolic acid peels, is effective in reducing the appearance of unwanted pigment on the skin
Clinical Tests and Sciences Behind
A. Super Anti-Wrinkle Remedy – MATRIXYL® synthe’6
1. Matrixyl synthe’6 in our Vitamin C 20 dramatically smoothes and refines skin. Noticeable improvements are visible in 4 key ways:
• Reduces the appearance of wrinkle volume by up to -100% • Reduces the appearance of wrinkle depth by up to -62% • Increases skin smoothness • Increases hydration levels
2. The Peptide in our Vitamin C 20 stimulates 6 major constituents of the skin matrix with the following key benefits:
(1). It improves Collagen Type I by 111%. Collagen Type I is the most abundant collagen in our dermis. (2). It improves Collagen Type III by 104%. Collagen Type III is referred to as “youth collagen” because it is produced by our young fibroblast. (3). It improves Collagen Type IV by 42%. Collagen Type IV anchors the proteins in the deepest layers of the skin (4).It improves Heat Shock Proteins by 123%. Heat Shock Proteins’ expression is increased when cells are exposed to elevated temperatures or other environmental stressors (5). It Improves Laminins by 75%. Laminins are involved in the healing of damaged skin (6) It improves Hyaluronic Acid production by 174%. Hyaluronic acid is a component responsible for water retention
B. Microencapsulation for Vitamin C Opens New Dimensions – Super Efficacy and a long-term stability
Vitamins are powerful antioxidant. However, vitamins are highly unstable – sensitive to light, temperature, oxidizing agents, pH and they are likely to interact with other ingredients. These factors induce vitamins degradation, resulting in molecule inefficiency, discoloration, odor changes and even side effects, such as irritation. In order to ensure vitamins efficiency and to increase product safety and shelf life, Scientists developed Brookosome ACE™, a unique microencapsulated vitamins line with the Slow Release (SR) Technology.
1. Optimal vitamins isolation ensures vitamins stability
Our microcapsule shell is made of a layer polymer, enabling optimal isolation of the vitamins, with no risk of diffusion. The vitamins are protected from the environment, light, temperature, pH, oxidation and cannot interact with other ingredients.
As a result, the vitamins stability significantly increases, not only vs. naked vitamins but also vs. other delivery systems. Thus, the stability of our Vit. C Serum 20 is extended up to 18-24 months, end product efficiency has been significantly improved.
2. What is Slow Release Technology? Slow Release (SR) technology ensures active vitamin delivery
The vitamins are released from the capsule by applying mechanical pressure, i.e by rubbing a serum onto the skin, until the moment of application, the vitamins remain fresh and potent in the capsule, due to their high and improved stability.
Significance of Vitamin C 20
Our micro-encapsulated Vitamin C 20% Gel is very stable. It offers maximum daily antioxidant protection and greater penetration than other Vitamin C products. The greater the penetration, the greater the antioxidant benefit to your skin. It neutralizes free radicals to prevent skin cell damage. Professional strength Vitamin C can give your skin the superior protection it needs to “help” (a) Prevent premature signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles, (b) Protect against future damage, (c) Stimulate collagen production for firmer, more resilient skin, and (d) Lighten and brighten skin for more even tone.
Vitamin C or L-ascorbic acid or L-ascorbate is an essential nutrient for humans. Ascorbate acts as an antioxidant by protecting the body against oxidative stress. Vitamin C onto their face protects against UV induced cell damage. It is this sun damage that not only causes premature aging but also skin cancers. It is also a cofactor in at least eight enzymatic reactions including several collagen synthesis reactions that, when dysfunctional, cause the most severe symptoms of scurvy. These reactions are especially important in wound-healing and in preventing bleeding from capillaries.
Ascorbate (an ion of ascorbic acid) is required for a range of essential metabolic reactions in all animals and plants. Deficiency in this vitamin causes the disease scurvy in humans. It is also widely used as a food additive.. The full extent of the effects and recommended daily intake of vitamin C are matters of ongoing debate, with RDI ranging from 45 mg to 400 mg or more per day. You can get significantly more vitamin C to the skin when applied topically (in the right concentrations) than if you were to merely take it orally. All skin types. Improves skin tone and texture, anti-bacterial, fights against sun damage, post laser, fights pigmentation problems by retarding excessive melanin production.
After cleansing and drying skin thoroughly, apply to face once or twice daily for optimal results.